What is Expected of an Intern?
Interns have the potential to have a huge influence with the young people who are involved with Exodus. Those applying should be:
- Passionately pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Enthusiastic about the vision of disciple making among young people.
- Keen to learn and develop skills and abilities.
- Organised, motivated and hard working.
- Committed to the values of Exodus, namely; Abstaining from tobacco, alcohol and narcotic substances, actively encouraging young people to make wise lifestyle and entertainment choices and promoting the Biblical view that sexual intimacy is only to be expressed within marriage between a man and a woman.
- Be teachable, flexible and work as part of a greater local and global team.
- Ability to seek out a self-initiated project within your ministry field.
- Be present at the Interns Retreat 2019 (27th @ 5pm -29th August, finishing @ 5pm) to start Internship Year.
- Be mentored by a NON-EXODUS STAFF MEMBER.
- Be the mentor of a young person throughout year.
How much does it Cost?
Interns are asked to contribute £450 to this year of investment in their lives, this can either be paid or fundraised with support from your church. This is required before the start of the internship in August 27th 2019.
Interns who opt into the Intern Spring Experience (Two week project in Romania) will only be asked to pay a further £250 pounds for this experience.
What does an Intern Receive?
Interns receive all materials that relate to the programme and Exodus also pay the first £450 of a team personal contribution (enough to cover European destinations).
As a full time voluntary worker, you will be entitled to claim out of pocket expenses of up to £150 per month for commuting and meals consumed during your work. Some roles will also be eligible for a work mobile phone. Exodus do not provide interns with lodging or meals outside of working hours.